so I finished the invits… they are super cute. I need to work on the decorations next.
another great project and pattern from the purl bee.
I think that the yarn I used was a bit too bulky and i used a larger hook. the basket is great and it holds about 8 skeins of yarn, enough for my gooses blanket.
I recommend making it with a max of medium weight yarn and probably a maximum of h size hook.
I can’t wait to make one again this time for the beach!
so I have been quite busy this weekend. I love long weekends. I recently found this great blog- www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/ and on there she designed this great hexagon motif bag. as a true crafter I love a bag, so I am going to make one of my one.
I have a book on just motifs and began tonight. I hexagon done about 20 more to go…
So as every true crafter I know, I love to be organized with all my crafts. I looked at my work space last night and cringed at the very site. I have yarn everywhere and piles of crap. It is a total nightmare. And recently I have been collecting paper and god only knows what else. I can not function in such a nightmare of a space. I need to clean.
I know that all true crafters can understand my feelings. I feel over whelmed and frustrated. I feel as if I can’t do anything. and I have so much to do…
So tonight I clean… and tomorrow I will have a happier space and be able to complete these damn party invitations.
So I have been feeling a bit crafty lately and not really much else.
Life is life and I wonder where I am going in my life and what I am supposed to do. I was walking into work the other day and was like I am just walking. I was like I am just going through the motions of living but not really living. How do you really live? Do I need to find out where my heart is and go with that?
Where is my heart? Who fucking knows these days? I love my career choice, but now I am tired of being a coordinator. I want to move on to something else. I want to stay in research but maybe work in project management. I have looked at some jobs and they all want CRAs. And that is definitely something I do not want to do. I know one thing I will not be a coordinator forever and it will end very soon.
Work is okay. I have not been feeling it so I have not really been working much. I have been looking at patterns and designs and numerous things to make and working on these here blogs. More so my craft blog. I think to have a career in crafting I need to get my stuff out there and show the world I am here. I think I should try to make friends with other crafters and see what happens.
On that note… AEM told me I needed to make “friends” with some male crocheters. I should begin to talk to them on their blogs and go from there. Why does everyone have this need to have me be with someone? I am perfectly happy just the way I am. I was perfectly happy before OHM and I am just perfectly happy now, the mess in between was the problem. Relationships complicate things and I like it sweet and simple.
On that note MMM and LKM cousin basically confessed his heart to me on saturday night. What do you say to someone who is drunkenly confessing their love for you and you have absolutely no interest? I was very polite and told him thank you and that I was very flattered. he did make some great points…
1. I have great balance in my life of work, being a single parent, crafting, and a social life. Now if I could just figure out how to get dating in the mess of things I might truly be balanced, but wait whom am I kidding I hate dating. I find the whole process weird and uncomfortable and annoying. So maybe I need to leave my life as it is. And it seems I am always doing something. Some days I am just so tired. Maybe I need to take a break, but if I do will I get bored? Probably, so forward one my young steed.
2. I handle the ex perfectly. You know it was not always easy, but I have to think about my son and that damn kid loves his father so he needs to see his father and vice versa. Now OHM was not always as good as he has been in the past. I had to bitch and moan and chew him out and cuss up a storm for him to finally get it and now he loves spending time with and he wants to have him whenever. He gets him every other weekend unless we switch for some reason. He is always there to pick him up at school and they always have a great weekend.
It was hard getting to this point. I had to let a lot go and I mean a lot. That man in my opinion is a fucking rat ass bastard who deserves to rot in the hell he was born from. Wow that was powerful! But now we are back to the fact that he is my goose’s father and goose loves him. I still don’t trust him that much and I think he shady and I think some of the things he does are really off the wall, but I know goose is happy with him and that is all that matters.
I am a great parent. I have put my child first. And I think that is what a great parent should do.
OHM is at court today. Yesterday I was actually talking to god about him and asking god to make sure what is supposed to happen. I hope that everything works out. As I always say “everything always works out, not how you planned, but how it is supposed too.” And I know in my heart it will, but what is the proper way for it to work out. (FYI OHM is not from the country and may be deported back to his country, it is immigration court.)
Maybe my problem is that I am not spiritual enough. I maybe need to find a relationship with god. I think it hard for me to do so because I am not sure there really is a god. I am what you call an agnostic and I think I like it.
Damn I digress too much… where was I oh yeah cousin and pints he was making…
3. I am a truly beautiful person. You know what I am beautiful. I may not be thin or anything like that and I seem to keep getting larger, but I am truly beautiful inside and out.
(sidenote I have no ideal how I got the italics on and now I can not get it off so weird. you can tell I am not computer genius. I cut and pasted and it was gone what the fuck is going on???)
He told me one day I would meet someone and they would knock my socks off. I wonder if that is actually possible since I don’t actually ever wear socks. I have to wear pantyhose at work, but no socks ever. Take that back when I exercise and sometimes in the winter if it really, really, REALLY cold like snow and 30F which does not happen that much in HOTlanta.
4. I am a very strong, independent person. Well, I already knew that. Also one day someone would take care of me. I don’t need anyone getting any ideas. I do not repeat do not need anyone to take care of me. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself and my son and that is just the way I like. Now I would take care of some one else, wait I have already done that and got completely screwed, sooo never mind.
You know the whole process made me really feel good. I was totally not freaked out like I usually would be maybe it was because I know this guy and I am comfortable with him because he is basically family. I am not sure what to think. I love him he is super fun and sweet, but not my type.
What is my type? I am not really sure, but not american and tall are 2 kind of important things for me. How the hell did I get here again? Back to the beginning…
Life in this crazy journey, just another chapter….
So on my recent searches, I see that someone is beginning a new crochet blanket project.
I have always stay away from blankets. They are very large projects that are time-consuming and they take for fucking ever.
Well I am about to begin one my self. I hopefully will begin by the time I go on vacation in a few weeks. I want to create a blanket for my goose. He has been bugging me for a few weeks now.
Online I found an amazing knitted blanket, but at last I am not a knitter I am a crocheter and think I want to stay that way. So How do I make a knitted blanket into a crocheted blanket?
So dilemma, do I zigzag it or straight it out?
How do I do the stripes? Thick or thin?
And colors there need to be lots of colors and what ones do i choose?
I am think a basic zigzag pattern with stripes about 10 dc rows wide and about 75″ wide. I think that would be big enough for him, he is only 3 and then it can grow with him.
a basic zigzag pattern see below…
Classic zigzag pattern (… aka Rockin’ Ripples as I like to call it)
Chain multiple of 12 +1 st
Row 1: turn, ch 3, 2dc in 3rd ch from hook, [dc in next 4 st,dctog next 3 st-sk muddle st, dc in next 4 st, dc in next sk ch1 dc in same st] repeat ending w/ 2dc in last st.
Row 2: turn, ch 3 2 dc in 1st st, [dc in next 4 st, dctog next 3 st sk middle st, dc in next 4 st, dc ch dc in next st]repeat across, ending with 2 dcs in last st
Row 3…: repeat row 2 until item is complete.
I hope you can understand my crocheting short hand. I think all crocheters have a different one, I guess it is just how things work in you head.
so that will work for the design and pattern what about colors?
I am thinking beginning with orange, then brunt orange, then yellow-orange, then yellow, then tan, then brownish green, then hunter green.
I think taht will work and I shall begin on vacation! Beach here I come!
You when you have a great creative spurt and you make something that is just so fabulous and then you are done and then the creativity leaves your mind? Well that has been me this week. Last week I think I created one of the greatest things ever the hatchlings for my little goose and this week nothing.
Well actually I have been crocheting and loving it, but my crochet has been off. I was finishing the project last night and realized I sewed all the limbs on wrong, so now I need to take them all off and redo. Hopefully I did not screw it up.
Current project, crochet bunny in pjs with a baby bunny. It is super cute and will be a gift for a coworker who is having a baby soon.
I feel as if I have crashed and burned. I can’t seem to get the creative thoughts I am having straight in my head. I think I need a list.
1. cowboy or floppy hat for me. I am going to the beach in a few weeks and need a hat for the sun. Only prob I see is that it may be really hot. We shall see. Also I have a pattern for a cowboy hat, but in this book I have hd to rework all the patterns I use. I don’t want to begin the hat and it not work. It always sucks to pull things apart. Man I know you have in the world of crochet but it really sucks.
2. a super cute, fun, soft blanket for my little goose. he has been bugging me for a few weeks to make him a blanket and I have yet since I need to go by yarn and am really not sure how much to get. maybe i should google it? I think the blanket will be stripped and many different colors. The colors that I am leaning toward are yellow, brunt yellow, orange, brunt orange, tan, lime (kinda pastel) green and hunter green. Next do I do block strip (thick ones) or a row or two one color? Then do I do a zig zag or straight? And last but not least I hate doing blankets they take forever!!!
so maybe hat first then blanket?
3. supercute toys for ICB’s nieces. I am not really sure what to make but she is offering to pay me and I really have liked making toys. I am thinking stripped colorful bunnies with matching tea sets. I have a pattern for a tea set and I am pretty sure I wing the bunny. I will try to write the pattern and post. But then again, will the girls like it? I don’t know, but I need to do something.
4. I would like a blanket for my bed. I want it stripped and big. That will take forever and I am not sure of the colors. I will need to think about that.
5. Hat, hats and more hats. I need to create some great hat patterns and some great hats for MMM and KMASD. I have not made anything for them in a hot damn minute.
6…. what else to do? the creative juices need to flow. I probably need to review all my patterns and yarns and make a list and get to work. I have a stock pile of yarn to last me all year probably well as long as I don’t make any blankets.