So I am continuing with the hats it seems. I did make a goal this year to complete all the projects I had listed in my notebook to do. So that being said, I completed the first project listed, an owl hat for my goose.
I think this maybe a lofty goal, but I think I can I think I can. There are probably 50 projects and some are knitted sweater or blankets.
Okay so that hat. It is from a booklet I have called “Crazy Kids Caps” and the title of the hat is called “wise owl”. I believe the booklet is by Redheart supersaver yarns. I did not use the yarns suggests as I usually do not. I used some stuff I had previously purchased and am not really too fond of, but they work great for the hat.
The yarns were: Bernat Satin in sable, this was the main body of the hat. The other yarns were all Vanna’s choice in taupe, mustard and cream (I think I do not have the paper thingy that comes on the yarn). The colors worked well for the hat.
I followed the pattern mostly, but it seemed a bit too small for the giant head of my little one, so I added 2 more increasing rows. When it was done it did fit on my head, but it was a bit short. It should be perfect for the little one.
The hat is an owl. It seems I have this thing that my child must have an animal shaped hat on his head at all times. He usually doesn’t keep the hats on, maybe the animal theme is why. Damn, I am already embarrassing my four-year old. Oh well! He does love when I make him things….
So the hat turned out super cute, but that is not the only thing I have done all week. I also completed another Katy Cap for a coworker and made an infinity scarf to match.
I followed that hat pattern again, but left out the baubles, I just did the front posts. I also used a J hook and it fit much better so no increases or anything. The hat I think might be one of my new favorites to make. I also did not add any buttons or anything. I really did not feel that this one needed any.
I use one of my favorite brands of yarn Vanna’s choice, in eggplant. I discovered this bold deep purple in making of some wrist warmers that are still not done, but I have fallen in love with this color. I used about 3 skeins, all of 2 and a little of one.
For the scarf, I just chained about 200 stitches and then dc in the first row and dc in the back loop for next 9 rows. Total of ten rows. When I was done, I sewed in all ends and then sewed the ends of the scarf together to make it round. Now in the process of making my rows, I did mange to make the ends angle. When it was all sewed together it was just fine. I actually really love the scarf and may make one for me as well. It did not take as long as I thought it was going length of time of a project always deters me, but at last I am still trucking along on the Notso baby Blanket for the goose.
I really do hope my coworker like her hat and scarf. I actually think she will love them and I might have to make alot more.
MUST FINISH BLANKET FIRST!!!!!