So, when I began crocheting alot, I started a book. It is really just a sketch book that I write notes about current projects, patterns for future projects, and finished patterns for past projects. Well I really spent alot time writing down ideas and such. Now I have about 30 projects to do from this book. My goal this year is to complete them. Now they are mostly crochet, but there are some knit and some sewing in there. And another blanket. The only thing I don’t see finished by the end of the year is a second blanket. I have still not finished the first one and I am over halfway done.
Ok projects mostly of my own creation, but some are patterns I already have…
1. Notso baby blanket currently WIP and moving right along. I really want to complete it before I begin anything else, but I know in about 1 more color I will be totally bored with it.
2. Hexagon tote bag- I have actually made only 1 hexagon about a year ago, so I guess it is a WIP.
3. New christmas stocking for Goose- well now that I have my Stella Bean, maybe for her not him. He does have a hand crocheted stocking as is.
4. Floppy bunny toys- stuffed animals. I need to make alot this year since I have about 10 bags of stuffing- total exaggeration I probably have 5.
5. Blanket for me- I think I know the design I want to do and the colors I want to use- it is just now a matter of completing by the end of the year.
6. Jr Varsity Sweater for the goose- this is a crochet pattern from a magazine that I have and maybe a good way to see how to form sweaters. Plus I already have all the yarn it was purchased about 6 months ago and is currently living in stash under my bed.
7. Crochet clutch- hmmm…. I don’t know I just have designs and plans for it in my book.
8. On the go project bag… I don’t actually need, but may be good to throw in my purse for some little projects that I could possibly make.
9. A Fedora- yes that is right. The crochet dad has a pattern, but I don’t like the front post on it and he uses fishing line or something in it to keep it stiff- I have written out a pattern but have not yet tested. I am still not sure what kind of yarn to use.
10. A stuffed toy Toothless from how to train your dragon- he is my son’s favorite and I think all little boys need dinosaurs and dragons. I can’t find a free pattern, but I am pretty sure I can wing it. HAHAHAHA!
11. Puntatony Til, another stuffed toy for my little one. This is actually one of his imaginary friends
12. Stella Bean- this was planned way before we actually got the dog and I think I will make a small one for her- then she can be a cannibal. HAHAHAHA [insert evil laugh here]
13. Floppy hat- need to design and make I want one, I want one for a friend, I think it’ll work- unless it becomes like the cowboy hat experiment of last spring- then I might have to get committed to a mental hospital, but we shall see.
14. Slouchy hat- yes yet another slouchy hat- this will be a beanie and pink. I already have the yarn and pattern. [side note I began working on this last week and the lovely dog that I have chewed up the yarn, yes I am a total crochet/ wanta be knitter and I have a dog that eats yarn- this is a problem]
15. Emu- not sure why except that I HEART EMUS! they are just so cute.
16. Flower brooches- I have only made one and not sure what I will do with them when I am done, but I want some none the less. [another side note I gave this to AEM for her birthday earlier this month. And she loved it!]
17 Cup cozy. I am completely fascinated with concept and don’t really know why one would need a cozy for their tea/ coffee cup, but I plan on making one- oh total thought- get cups from the thrift store and cozy them for christmas gifts next year… maybe that will work. I have been trying to think how I will get my christmas gifts made when I have all this other crap to do.
18. Fingerless mittens. I think I need some, but then again in about 2 weeks it will be warm again here in the south, so maybe not. I should make for next year. I already have the yarn as well, so I am not sure why they are not done yet.
19 cigarette case. no idea what to do here but I need a new one now! Maybe I should just quit smoking?
20. Cluster hat- there is a rough sketch, but not much else. Again I am not sure about this one, but it will be done.
21. Printer cover- just to keep the dust off my damn printer, I need this soon and have no idea how to make or what design to use. I have not yet seen anything like this, but I will think of something.
22, Granny round placemats- now note this was to be a christmas 2011 present for my mom, but I still have not gotten around to it. What the fuck do I do all the time?
23. red slippers for me. yes red and again no idea.
24. Knitted cardigan for me. I love a good cardigan and seem to really love a grandfather or Mr Roger type cardigan- they are my total favorite and I usually have one on. So this is what I want to make. And I do have a pattern- just need yarn.
25. Sewn summertime dress- will be similar to a maxi dress but made with some funky cotton. but really do I time to sew?
26. the granny mandala- a beautiful and useless thing that I absolutely love and want to put on my dinner room table. It seems like a huge and granny style doliey
27. tube socks- yes I want some tube socks and I have really not been able to find a good pattern, maybe I should make my own. Actually I think that was the plan, but now to knit or crochet? I actually have the white yarn. I inherited it from MMM crazy step grandmother.
28. Sewn sunglasses case- this is actually for KAB and myself. I was going to do some quilting on this one- ohhhh, my first attempt at quilting let’s just wait and see.
29. Broomstick lace bracelet. I saw this awhile ago and loved it. it would involve me learning how to do broomstick lace and I do want expand my crocheting skills this year, so just maybe.
30. a DPN case- I have a crap ton of DPNs and they look so lonely in a tin. They need a home in a nice case with the size they are embroider at each pocket.
Ok 30 projects in ,now, less than a year and some of them are pretty hefty- blankets, knitted sweater, socks oh my!
I think I can I think I can and you know I totally will.